Thursday, September 27, 2012

San Diego Comic Con 2011: Day 2


Day 2 began at 6am with us planning to make it to the Walking Dead panel in ballroom 20 but by the time we were already to leave, the line had 3000 people in it!!!  So we said poop to that!  We ended up getting to the con right as the doors were opening and started our swag hunt!  


Our 1st swag was a random surprise, a Harry potter Lego lanyard.  What I was on the hunt for was Phineas and Ferb backpacks.  We got there and I was able to get one of each Phineas, Ferb and Perry!!


Awesome life size Dexter.


The Hunny with Dean Eagle character Mandy.


Browncoat's booth.


We walked by this AWESOME artist and fell in LOVE with the R2D2 painting, we would have soooo bought it if it wasn't $400! :(


Felcia Day from The Guild and Dr. Horrible's Sing A Long Blog.


Next I heard they were handing out the Dexter bags and sprinted over, unknowingly I cut the line The Hunny and @The_Gamer_Geek got kicked to the back while I got mine and re-joined them before they even made much progress.  

We ended up heading downtown after collecting inside swag.  I had never been downtown during the con, and I didn't know what I was missing!  As soon as we crossed the street we were bombarded with freebies!!  I had major sensory overload!  People from every direction handing you this and that!  In the 1st five mins I think I got at least four new bags, buttons, toys and just random papers!  The boys went crazy for t shirts!  A girl was tossing them to the crowd and The Hunny ended up getting two there.  His mission this con is getting as many T's as possible!  Today alone I think he got about 8!


Cute Pan Am girls handing out messenger bags, I wanted one of their rolly luggage, CUTE!!


Being Human our FAV show, can't wait for tomorrow's panel!!


Then we crossed the street to the SyFy restaurant and ate lunch.  They ended up having the Hunny's games logo on the outside walls and we got to sit at the Defiance table!!  It was huge and had a big picture of the game!  It was surreal to finally see it in the real world after he has been working on it for two years!  I was happy to have a burger that was named Adien's bite burger (he's my favorite character from Being Human)!


THE DEFIANCE TABLE!!


South Park Parade. 


   After lunch we went to find Zachary Levi's Nerd HQ.


NERD HQ!!!


Conan's art museum!


The CoCo museum was filled with all fan art and there were some awesome pieces!  My favorite had to be the The Flaming C (Conan's new superhero) made out of balloons!  This really had to be my favorite thing we did today!  We got to help create some art, take a picture with the Flaming C and got a TON of freebies!  A T-shirt (wearing tomorrow), a oven mitt, a button, a poster and a copy of the picture.  They were even handing out hor'dourves and sparkling cider in champagne plastic glasses!  It was awesome!


Creating CoCo art.


Knitted Flaming C.


One of my favorite fan art pieces.






Sparkling cider...cheers to COCO!


Waiting in line Dr. Doofenshmirtz with a captured Agent P.


Ashley Tidsdale, totally adorable!

.      
And finally ended up sitting eight rows back from where I was the day before, for the Phineas and Ferb panel.  They started off showing a part of an episode where the characters were cavemen and only spoke in caveman!  It was highlarious!  They caveman said all their usual catch phrases!  It was great!  Then all the voice characters came out and they showed a clip from the upcoming TV movie and a music video where Phineas sings with Slash.  As I left the panel I got P&F buttons!!  As I count back on my swag, I ended up with six of their backpacks!!  :)  We shut the place down again...and will be back bright in early tomorrow morning to line up at the Hilton Bayfront for our Being Human panel!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment