Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nerdy 4 Chuck

The 1st time I heard about Chuck as at my very 1st Comic Con (SDCC) in 2009.  I'm pretty it was Saturday, the day we spent the entire day in Ballroom 20.  I was there for Futurama (when it 1st returned and they had nada to say!), Fringe and True Blood.  Chuck just so happened to be the 1st panel of the day and the only one I had never heard of.  By the end of the panel I was dying to see the show!  Jeffster came out singing Fat Bottom girls and the crowed was going crazy, like it was a rock concert.  The entire cast and especially Zachary Levi was incredible humble, gracious and funny.  I also learned about Firefly too.  We went home bought season one and two and caught up in time for the season 3 premiere.

When season 4 was on the bubble, Chuck fans across the country gathered for flash mobs.  
Wearing my Nerd Herd attire, I went downtown to join the fight!
At 2010's SDCC we woke up at 4am to get in line for the Chuck panel.
Six hours and three lines later we were only a few rows back from the stage and got some awesome pictures that I will always cherish.
I even got my official SDCC Chuck BIG bag!!  Which is currently hanging on my side of the garage!
In 2011 SDCC was even more amazing for me as a Chuck fan.  I got to go to Zachary Levi's very first NERD HQ!  Joshua and Ryan sat right behind me during the Nathan Fillion panel.  It was a nice intimate setting a great way to get up close and personal with fan favorites!  There was even a Buy More made out of Legos!
At 2012's SDCC I again visited NERD HQ and this time was able to get a picture WITH Zachary Levi!  Best $20 I ever spent!  And of course it went to a great cause Operation Smile.  He was super sweet and kind.  He thanked me for coming out and it felt like he tried to have a little moment with each fan.  That is why nerd girls LUV Zach!
The night of the season 5 Chuck finale we had a marathon watching the last 4 episodes EVER of Chuck.  I thought I was going to be fine and I was till the VERY end when the last thing you saw was Chuck, then I started bawling.  I have loved this show and its characters for the past 3 years and it was sad to see them go.  The writers got it spot on, the finale was unique and you defiantly didn't see where it was going!  I loved how Chuck & Sarah had to start falling in love again.  It was unique!  Hopefully they can continue it and have happier ending in.....CHUCK the movie! #nerdforlife
#goodbyechuck
WHAT ARE YOU NERDY FOR?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment